Tokutek is pleased to announce support for MariaDB for the first time with TokuDB v4.1.1 for MariaDB v5.1.47.
Our customers are choosing MariaDB more and more frequently for their most demanding database applications. We are delighted to help raise MariaDB performance to the next level by making TokuDB available on this new platform. One of our customers, who wishes to remain unnamed for the present time, chose MariaDB + TokuDB for a 3 TB database after having evaluated other MySQL alternatives and finding them unacceptably slow.
TokuDB continues to be the ideal choice for complex / high-volume applications that must have fast response times and that must simultaneously store and query large volumes of rapidly arriving data:
- Social Networking
- Real-time clickstream analysis
- Logfile Analysis
- eCommerce Personalization
- High-speed Webcrawling
TokuDB has always been available for MySQL and we are pleased to add support now for MariaDB. As with our MySQL version, the MariaDB version uses our high-performance Fractal Tree™ indexing to provide a unique combination of capabilities:
- 10x-50x faster indexing for faster querying
- Immunity to database aging for eliminating query slow-downs (no more dump / reload)
- 5x-15x data compression for reduced disk use and lower storage costs
- Multi-threaded Fast Loader for reduced load times
- Full ACID transaction support
- Fast recovery time (seconds or minutes, not hours or days)