Your Timing is Perfect
100x performance breakthroughs in computer science don’t happen every day. However, at Tokutek, our technology is exactly that revolutionary, resulting in the single biggest improvement to database performance in over thirty years. We are hiring the team who will build a new foundation for today’s databases, one that will last another thirty years or more.
We are looking for a full-time Technical Support Engineer to join our product development team. This position interacts directly with customers, troubleshooting issues and working closely with engineering to resolve bugs. Ideal candidates have 5+ years experience in software support and a background in databases. The position reports directly to the VP of Engineering.
- Work with customers, community users, and evaluators to resolve issues
- Create issue reproducers for internal test/fix process
- Identify areas of needed improvement in product features, usability, and documentation
- Participate in our ongoing development process improvements (CI, release engineering, etc.)
- Experience using/testing relational databases (SQL, architecture, schema), MySQL is a plus
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Comfortable in Linux (usage and scripting)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid testing skills
- Experience with MongoDB
- Application development skills (C, C++, Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, PHP)
- Lexington, MA
Submit: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tokutek develops and sells advanced database technology based on research originally conducted at MIT, Rutgers, and SUNY Stony Brook. Tokutek’s proprietary Fractal Tree® indexing technology offers two orders of magnitude improvement over conventional B-tree indexing. TokuDB, our flagship product, is a plug-in storage engine for MySQL and is ideally suited for customers who face large incoming data rates such as high traffic websites or complex website applications.