TokuMXTM for MongoDB is here!
Tokutek, whose Fractal Tree® indexing technology has brought dramatic performance and scalability to MySQL and MariaDB users, now brings brings you MongoDB performance, MongoDB compression, and MongoDB transactions.
TokuMX is an open source performance engine for MongoDB that dramatically increases MongoDB performance in large applications with demanding requirements. In addition to replacing B-tree indexing with more modern technology, TokuMX adds transaction support, document-level locking for concurrent writes, and replication.
MongoDB developers, you should use TokuMX if you
- want to reduce the number of servers you need for queries and storage
- are hitting the limit of your current servers and do not want to upgrade
- execute a significant number of writes to the database and need “hot” data
Like TokuDB, TokuMX enhances large databases (typically 50 GBs or larger) by speeding indexing by 10x or more, thereby radically improving database scalability. Because of its exceptional indexing performance, TokuMX is ideal for applications that must simultaneously query and update large volumes of rapidly arriving data (e.g., clickstream analytics).
Key Benefits of TokuMX
TokuMX vastly improves the efficiency of the storage engine within MongoDB by replacing traditional B-tree indexing with patented Fractal Tree indexing. B-tree indexing, which was invented in 1972, has been used for databases and file systems for decades but was not designed to meet the Big Data needs of the 21st century.
Key benefits of TokuMX include
- MongoDB Performance – With significant improvement in insertions and indexing, TokuMX delivers faster, more complex ad hoc queries in live production systems without rewriting or tuning applications even when tables are too large for memory. Read the MongoDB performance benchmark.
- MongoDB Compression: By leveraging write-optimized compression, TokuMX achieves up to a 90% reduction in HDD and flash storage requirements without impacting performance, and reduces the number servers needed to host a MongoDB database.
- MongoDB Transactions: TokuMX adds transactions with MVCC and ACID reliability to any MongoDB database making it possible to take advantage of the leading NoSQL database in a wider range of applications. Read about MongoDB concurrency.
Try TokuMX Today
TokuMX is free for evaluation and for development purposes, and is available in both a Community Edition and an Enterprise Edition. The Enterprise Edition comes with hot back-up and free support for 30 days.
MongoDB is the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how applications are built and run today, MongoDB (named from “huMONGOus,” meaning “extremely large”) empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. It enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs for organizations of all sizes.